- WHAT IF THE WORLD WAS PEACEFUL?
- NO WAR, POVERTY OR HUNGER?
- FREEDOM AND PROSPERITY FOR ALL?
- NO POLLUTION OR SOILING OF NATURE?
- A HEALTHY AND THRIVING PLANET?
- IS ALL OF THIS POSSIBLE?
- WAKING UP IS A MOVIE ABOUT THAT WORLD.
Waking up is a feature film movie project that has been under development since 2011. It is a THOUGHT EXPERIMENT so to speak, where we imagine that a world like this as been achieved sometime in the future. We see this world through the eyes of a contemporary man that suddenly finds himself in that world.
It has been an open source project and the story has evolved in collaboration with an online community. Harald Sandö is the founder and creator of the project. It started as a dream about a new and better world in the late seventies, when Harald was in his early teens. He dreamt about a better world for Humanity, where everyone could thrive and prosper. In 2008 he discovered The Venus Project that had designed a world with a system very close to what Harald had imagined. Son of a Norwegian actor and director, Harald had started working with film only a few years earlier. The idea for Waking Up started to bloom even more when Harald met Jacque Fresco and Roxanne Meadows in Stockholm in 2010. He had just moved to Sweden and wanting to help them realise an idea about a movie they had had themselves for many years to present their ideas, Harald ended up developing Waking Up himself, inviting in others from the online communities of The Venus Project and The Zeitgeist Movement to brainstorm ideas. The story as it is today took shape over several years, and now the screenplay is in its fourth draft, ready to be developed into a final draft and eventually a full movie. The project has been open source from the start with Harald Sandø as the copyright holder.
Want to help?
If you like this concept and want to help out, there are several things you can do:
- Contribute. If you think you have some thoughts about how this film can be in terms of structure and dialogue, go to the rules page for more info.
- Donate. To donate, click the menu button on the top.
- Produce. If you have any experience in the film industry, a producer is what is most needed at this point, finding financing, cast and crew, assembling a team for all the things needed in the production of this movie..
Proof of concept short film
The following scene is for demonstration purposes of the concept of the film. It was made on a zero(literally) budget by Harald Sandø and the two actors in 2011. It won the Official Selection in the Cinema Out Of Your Backpack festival of the same year.